Thanks for stopping by!!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Playing with Watercoloring and Embossing Paste

I made these cards at the Cozy Crop Weekend in PA.  I had lots of fun playing with the inks and water and trying out some new techniques. The Love card was made with the distress inks then I used a Hero Arts fancy die.
I made the background with the distress inks then used the Mosaic Heart stencil and embossing paste to create the heart.  The love is a Simon Says Stamp die.
Jennifer McGuire demonstrated a technique I wanted to try. She inked her stamp then stamped the image several times.  Each time the color is lighter and it looks like different colors of ink but it is only one color.  I used several colors and stamped a bunch of card fronts.  I liked the darker colors better because the lighter colors were only good for 2 times before it was too light to see.
This was my sample card to try out this sketch (OWH #220). It is really pretty with the heart paper. I didn't like the sketch when I first saw it but after looking at some of the other cards that were made I wanted to try it.

1 comment:

  1. I love how all of your cards turned out. Of course I saw them in person and they are way prettier than the pictures.

    ReplyDelete